Thursday 22 August 2013

Day 3 Post Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO) operation

Day 3

2:31PM

 All tucked into his couch bed!

 His scar looks a bit funny but I'm probably over-analyzing.
Just making a mental note to compare anything to this picture if I think it's getting worse down the road.


Mo seems to be doing A LOT better today!!!  He slept at my feet all night (still sleeping on the couch) and even snuggled into my legs TWO times last night!

Tried putting his food bowl & water under his nose and he didn't eat either, even when I twirled my fingers around in the water.



 Mmmm food

So I hand fed him a few pieces and then put some under his face on the couch and he ate.  I then gave him his Metacam and he honestly LOVES it!  Then I gave him 5 syringes full of water (until he obviously didn't want any more.. these syringes are EXTREMELY tiny though)


Mmmm Metacam!!!

 Mo and his brother Bill checking up on him

Grooming himself!
He's so skinny under all that fur!

Yesterday he stayed in his little playground nest ALL day.  Slightly worried me. Finally around 2am he finally had a bowel movement! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
He then started walking (well limping) around the room, but eventually jumped up onto the low couch, then up onto a big pretty tall chair!
He seems to be using his leg a bit more than usual!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for Mo, I pray his other hip stays well. Our Reno went through so much with 2 hip surgery. Love kitties! Best Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good to read that Reno is pain free and doing well! So grateful this surgery exists!

      Delete