Sunday 25 August 2013

Day 5/6 Post Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO) operation

Day 5 and 6 have been AMAZING with Mo!  His personality is back to normal.  I wouldn't be able to tell he had surgery or anything if it wasn't for his limp!

He purrs at us when we walk by, jumps onto the bed and off without hesitation, walks around more often (but still tries to avoid using his leg).

His fentanyl patch should be worn off by now and he seems COMPLETELY pain free!
I saw him drink water by himself so am no longer syringe feeding him!

Going to try to take his pain patch off tonight- that should be interesting.  I've read that it can be super hard.  I plan on using olive oil if it doesn't come off easily!  I will post pictures and an update after I attempt to take off his patch!

He's looking fluffy again!
Can't wait for his little scar to heal and his fur to grow back.  He doesn't seem to notice the spot they operated on at all... he completely ignores it.


WARNING TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TAKE THEIR CAT'S PAIN PATCH OFF*** 
It was NOT easy.  I started gently pulling it off and instantly looked at my boyfriend and said "Oil"
I knew it was going to take an hour at least to sit and try to gently pull it off.
My boyfriend decided to try and he was ripping it pretty hard, but then I'd look at my cat and it didn't seem like he could even feel it!  He didn't even flinch!  My boyfriend RIPPED it off.. I mean.. fur was coming off :(  Mo didn't even flinch or blink an eye.  He must have an EXTREMELY high pain tolerance, which makes me even sadder because he must have been in SO much pain that first night he broke it :( 

But on a happier note, Mo's pain patch is now off! WOOHOOO! No more pain patch, no more anti-inflammatory meds, just a happy pain free recovering cat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment