Wednesday 21 August 2013

Night #1- Mo limping

We were at home and all of a sudden my boyfriend and I heard our 2.5 year old Persian cat meowing LOUDLY and hissing.  We instantly ran in and wondered what was going on.  Our 3 year old cat (Mo's best friend), Bill, was sitting nearby with his ears back and looking shocked.  Mo was meowing and hissing and having trouble walking.   His one leg seemed to retract up when he walked and he would howl loudly and sometimes hiss every time he went to walk.  When he was laying down he looked like the healthy old Mo, but was breathing a bit more heavily.

I called my mom sobbing (it was 3am) and she told me to wait until the morning because he probably just twisted it a weird way playing.  My boyfriend and I both knew something was wrong.. this wasn't a tweaked ankle, he wasn't walking on it at ALL.  When he walked he almost looked like the grudge, crawling weirdly and obviously in a lot of pain.

This was Mo (white persian) laying down with his brother Bill the NIGHT of his injury, probably an hour after.  He always laid around like this and looked almost normal unless he tried walking.  He wasn't as responsive to our petting as usual either, but sipped water and ate some food when I put the bowl next to him.  We went to bed and hoped for the best.  He followed us into our room limping and meowing and lay on the floor next to us.  We saw him JUMP into the closet that night (what a crazy cat lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment